Thursday, September 25, 2008

Firewall woes

My best blogging intentions are being foiled by the fact that I spend 8 to 10 hours at the office each day. It's not that I don't have time to blog, it's that my company has a pretty restrictive firewall, so blogging is proving to be relatively difficult. Knowing how conservative many companies are, I suspect that there are many people in the same situation. Blogging is supposed to be an avenue to share your opinion and thoughts with a certain degree of spontenaity. This is practically impossible when you can't get onto your blog as the thoughts come into your mind. If companies want to get into having two way conversations with their customers, I think the first step is to allow your employees some freedom and flexibility in exploring what the web has to offer.

No comments: